[clam-devel] Sample by Sample Processing in Network Editor

David Garcia Garzon david.garcia at iua.upf.edu
Thu Dec 21 11:51:35 PST 2006

A Dijous, 21 de Desembre de 2006 21:06, Xavier Amatriain va escriure:

> > david asks: and how many times NetworkCanvas::draw gets called?
>
> I guess you mean NetworkCanvas::paint, right? That is called between 25
> and 50 times for the different runs I have and is way up in the
> profiler. Functions like PortWire::draw are called anywhere between 3000
> to 12000 times, and QPainter::drawEllipse double than that.

Of course, Xavi, those networks you are drawing are really impressive.

http://www.create.ucsb.edu/xavier/public_fotos/AlloNetworkEditor/img006.jpeg.html

I mean NetworkCanvas::paint executions tells you how many times the canvas has
been redrawn. But you have wired around 120 connections (~25*120=3000) And
the processings you are drawing have the double of ports (the drawEllipse
thing).

I don't think there is much we can do about: clipping the drawing area and
drawing just invalidation areas. Even we could migrate to the QGraphicsView
framework which already incorporate this. Maybe in occasions you could be
able to build composites or buses. In fact buses could be a solution also for
the stream efficiecy matter.

--
David García Garzón <david.garcia at removespam.iua.upf.es>
Phone: 034 93 542 21 99