[Clam-devel] osx/darwinports scons adds quotes ("") to LINKFLAGS. g++ doesn't like it

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Wed Jan 24 03:22:56 PST 2007

for the (google's) record here goes the ugly hack we did to solve this:

Pau Arumi wrote:
> this is the command produced by darwinport scons (v0.96.92.D002)
>
> g++ -o Annotator -F/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.2.2//lib
> -L/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.2.2//lib "-framework QtCore" "-framework
> QtGui" "-framework QtOpenGL" -F/System/Library/Frameworks "-framework
> AGL" "-framework OpenGL" -dynamic -bind_at_load src/SchemaBrowser.o

the problem is that doing something like this in the
SConstruct:
env.AppendUnique(LINKFLAGS="-framework "+module)
translates to quoted "-framework xxx" because the parameter contains a
space.

now we just add two separate parameters:
env.Append(LINKFLAGS=["-framework ", module])

it's ugly because it doesn't prevent to have duplicated frameworks. and
it relies on scons keeping the parameter order.
hopefully, when macport scons gets upgraded we'll be able to remove this
kludge.

pau

believed to be clean.