[Clam-devel] [OS X] Scons error with apps

Owen Green owen at owengreen.net
Mon Mar 26 11:46:33 PDT 2007

Hello,

I've hit a puzzler trying to build the applications on OS X (10.4.8).
The Clam libs built and installed fine (it seems), but when I go to
build any of the applications I get an 'IndexError' from scons.

> scons: warning: Could not detect qt, using moc executable as a hint (QTDIR=/opt/local)
> File "SConstruct", line 23, in ?
> Lodading dmg tool...
> Version:  0.4.8
> Package version:  0.4.8
> IndexError: list index out of range:
>   File "SConstruct", line 245:
>     BUNDLE_ICON='resources/CLAM.icns',
>   File "/opt/local/lib/scons/SCons/Environment.py", line 161:
>     return apply(self.builder, (self.env, target, source) + args, kw)
>   File "/opt/local/lib/scons/SCons/Builder.py", line 581:
>     return self._execute(env, target, source, OverrideWarner(kw), ekw)
>   File "/opt/local/lib/scons/SCons/Builder.py", line 553:
>     tlist, slist = self._create_nodes(env, overwarn, target, source)
>   File "/opt/local/lib/scons/SCons/Builder.py", line 503:
>     t_from_s = slist[0].target_from_source

This happens even if I do 'scons help', so I'm suspecting it's something
either arcane or blindingly obvious.

In any case, I've made sure all the dependencies are there and up to
date, including scons, and checked that my PATH is sensible, but am
mystified.

If anyone could give me any pointers on diagnosing this, I'd be very
grateful!

Best,
Owen