[Clam-devel] SMSBatch bug: too much opened files.

Giulio Paci giuliopaci at interfree.it
Thu Mar 29 10:10:25 PDT 2007

Hi,
    sometime ago we have found a bug in SMSBatch.
The problem was that when runningSMSBatch in a directory with
about 1300 xml files and performing analysis it crashed reporting
"Too much opened files".

We have found that the problem arises when storing SDIF files. Here is a
patch
that fixes the problem and maybe others.

I don't like too much this patch, 'cause it hides bad programming, but
it helps
in avoiding two open on the same file. Maybe File should launch an exception
when trying to open a file without closing a previouvs opened file?

Anyway, here is the patch. :)

Giulio.