[Clam-devel] CLAM_Optimize

Xavier Amatriain xavier at create.ucsb.edu
Fri Apr 6 00:31:32 PDT 2007

I was wondering whether we should somehow promote the CLAM_Optimize
option to
the build system interface. In the stuff I am working on setting this
option is the only way
I have to get close to real-time and this does make a huge difference
specially for spectral
processing. As a matter of fact I would probably vote for setting this
option by default
and only deactivating it in case extra precision is needed for a
particular application.

What do you guys think?

Btw, the CLAM_Optimize option mainly affects the way trigonometric functions
and the like are computed in CLAM_Math.hxx and also a few default
settings in some
Processings.

XA