[Clam-devel] testdata and clam subversion

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Wed Apr 25 07:09:27 PDT 2007

This is a question for the subversion experts. I was about to ask
for a new (clam test data) svn repo to our sysadm.
I was thinking in something you could checkout this way:
$ svn co http://iua-share.upf.edu/svn/clam-test-data/trunk
( so very similar to the current clam repo:
$ svn co http://iua-share.upf.edu/svn/clam/trunk  )

But then I thought why create a different repo if, clam checkouts
are done at "trunk" level (or at branches/xxx), anyway?

I think that trunk/ branches/ and tags/ dirs are just plain file
system directories that represent copies of the trunk, and the
names are just conventions. And nothing prevent us to create a
clam/testdata/ (or clam/testdata/trunk to allow branches)
directory

Then the checkout for test data would be:
$ svn co http://iua-share.upf.edu/svn/clam/testdata/trunk

Do you think this approach is correct?

Pau