[Clam-devel] audioFile trigger

Xavier Amatriain xavier at create.ucsb.edu
Thu May 17 09:45:24 PDT 2007

I was planning on implementing a simple Karplus-Strong as another
classical example of sample by sample processing. For doing that I was
planning on simply reading a noise burst as the excitation signal but...

I realized I cannot do that with a simple AudioFileReader, what I would
need is an AudioFileTrigger. Here is its basic functionality to see if
it makes sense (or there is something similar I am not aware of):

- Processing is configured with file path
- In ConcreteConfigure, all the audio file is read into memory and
cached.
- In Do(), zeros are written out until a "trigger" control is received
- Then the cached audio is played until the end and zeros are written
after that
- Receiving a trigger at any time means rewinding until the end.

Of course one of the side-effects of such a processing is that it would
be easy to create a sampler-like instrument.

Comments? Ideas?

--
 *       Xavier Amatriain        *