[Clam-devel] Bye Bye ConfiguratorLauncher registration

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Mon Jul 30 05:35:59 PDT 2007

Since commit 10532, registering Configurations on the NetworkEditor is no more
required. We implemented a Configurator that uses type plugins to cover types
of DynamicType attributes.

Gained:
* Not having to register every single processing configuration.
* Processings on plugins can have Configurators now

Lost:
* We don't have inheritance for non-Components, type registrations must be
done for every concrete type not being DynamicType.
* This affects specially to CLAM::Filename's, because you must add a
registration for each concrete In/OutFilename. (Remember that you must
subclass them to support a different set of extensions).

I think the balance is positive (registering every processing config or just
every filename filter set).

David.