[Clam-devel] Debian packages for Ubuntu gutsy

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Tue Oct 23 07:42:31 PDT 2007

Hi, Ross.

We are reactivating oscpack support by default in CLAM, so on the next weeks
we will release some packages for several architectures (rpm's, macports...)
Now I just generated some quick and dirty deb packages for Ubuntu gutsy [1].

[1] http://clam.iua.upf.edu/download/linux-ubuntu-gutsy/

BTW, we are trying to get CLAM packages into the Debian official distribution.
In that scenario, oscpack would be a non-free dependency because its license
force any modifier to send any modification back to the original author. Such
requirement is not DFSG[1] compliant as it doesn't pass the 'Desert Island
test'. Do you feel that that requirement could be dropped in any sense and
turned into a petition instead of a requirement?

[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian_Free_Software_Guidelines

There are some alternative solutions but fixing the license seems the optimal
if the author agrees ;-)

David.