[Clam-devel] Spectral Analysis/Synthesis problem

globot gglobot at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 23:29:45 PST 2007

hi,

I am sorry to disturb you "again" but here is my problem :

I use this kind of network :
SpectralAnalysis--->3BandFilter--->SpectralSynthesis
it work almost perfectly (with jackd buffer set to 64) but there is one
small glitch.

it seem that every "SpectralAnalysis.HopeSize" there is a peak appearing
in the synthetized sound.

here i put a example of what i got with those settings :
- analysis.HopeSize = 128
- analysis.ZeroPadding = 0
- analysis.SamplingRate = 48000
- analysis.FFTSize = 256
- analysis.WindowSize = 257 (type = None)

+ synthesis.ZeroPadding = 0
+ synthesis.SamplingRate = 48000
+ synthesis.AnalWindowSize = 257 (type = None)
+ synthesis.HopSize = 64
+ synthesis.SynthWindowGenerator.size = 129

PS : If i modfy the params to have FFTSize = 1024 so HopSize = 512, the
peaks will appear evry 512 sample.

Any idea what to do ? this is my last big problem... And i have 3 days
to solve it :(
is it possible there is a small problem in SpectralAnalysis/Synthesis
class that would cause this while calculating first or last samples ? or
can this be solve buy changing parameters ? (i didn't find any suitable
combination)