[Clam-devel] osx/darwinports scons adds quotes ("") to LINKFLAGS. g++ doesn't like it

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Thu Jan 25 18:35:18 PST 2007

On Friday 26 January 2007 03:00, eduard aylon wrote:

> >> No, they do not on my computer. See attached screenshot where you see
> >> Jack running (started through JackPilot) and the NetworkEditor chose
> >> Portaudio anyway.
> >
> > That could be a sign that differently compiled jack library and
> > daemon do not
> > mix well. And a bad smell about maybe having to provide several
> > flavors
> > depending on the Jack distribution you use. :-(
>
> Just discovered it does connect to jack but the icon in NetworkEditor
> stays as portaudio. This is either with jackpilot or Qjackctl. See
> attached screenshots.

You are right. But icons should reflect the chosen backend. So, what it may
happen is that CLAM can not activate JACK backend, due to a bug, then chooses
PortAudio backend, which also has multiple implementations including jack,
which is chosen when you have a server.

Unless any backend at compile time is deactivated or unless you have specified
the backends on the commandline, the default probing order is JACK, PortAudio
and finally ALSA (which stands not just for alsa but for the old blocking
backend).

(Home) vokimon at telefonica adot net