[Clam-devel] fresh news about the clam news

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Thu Feb 8 10:33:54 PST 2007

this mail is mainly for xavier and david:

i've implemented something i had bouncing in my mind for some time
(specially every time xavier ask me to publish some news to the web ;-)
). not that the current way to update news is very complicated, but it
involved running a script for the translations, update a couple of
translation text files, and then login to the web and do a cvs update.

now it's easier for everybody to add and translate news. just blog here:
http://clamnews.wordpress.com/

you can see that the tag [english, catalan, spanish] is the responsible
to classify by language.

and as a bonus, we have a new character in clam planet!
http://clam.iua.upf.edu/planet

ok, this was not something pre-discussed but it was very strightforward
to implement once i learnt how the planet template system worked. so,
xavi, david do you buy the new system? if so, create a user in
wordpress.com so i can add you as admins in the clamnews blog.

pau

ps:
the english and catalan versions are updated with the two news (OPEN,
and IEEE Magazine), spanish is TODO