[Clam-devel] Re: clam 0.98 src and suse packages

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Thu Feb 22 12:51:12 PST 2007

On Thursday 22 February 2007 19:02:38 Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 18:54 +0100, David García Garzón wrote:
> > We did a commit for the NetworkEditor to use the QTDIR when available. In
> > FedoraCore you should define QTDIR=/usr
>
> Do you also use QTINC? Because that seems to be part of the problem in
> this case (ie: includes are in /usr/include/Qt, not /usr/qt4/include)

No. We tested it today in a FC6 and it works just by defining QTDIR=/usr.
Yes, at last we have a FC to test on!

Don't get messed with /usr/include/Qt. It is like /usr/include/QtCore. I mean,
in debian the same dir is at /usr/include/qt4/Qt. You don't have to specify
it anywhere.

In summary: Annotator and NetworkEditor need QTDIR=/usr but CLAM and SMSTools
need QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3.3 and that should be all.

> > We also found some other build dependencies, gcc-c++ and qt4-devel (for
> > the network editor and the annotator). The symptom for gcc-c++ dependency
> > failure is very strange, it complaints about pthreads. We should take a
> > look at the modconf setting.
>
> I had already added those (c++ is implicit in a normal Fedora build
> system). I think there are missing includes for some of the build
> targets you have... I'll take a more detailed look later today.

So, is there something like debian's 'build-essential' package that depends on
all those implicit build system packages?

Besides that, i would like to ask you whether you have any experience
using 'mock/match'' to build rpms? For 'deb's we use something similar
named 'pbuilder', and it is very handy as it allows to build packages for
several flavors of Debian and Ubuntu without rebooting by using a chroot
environment. It also detects any missing build dependency in a given flavor.
The nicest thing is that all the flavors can be launched at once by a single
script[1].

[1] http://iua-share.upf.edu/svn/clam/trunk/CLAM/scripts/doDebianPackages.py

I would like to have a similar script for rpm based distros, such as Fedora
and SuSe, by using mock (or mach?). Mock is available as package on
Debian/Ubuntu, but i couldn't manage to make it run due to badly packaged
python dependencies. So, as a first step I'll try to get it working on
Fedora.

Maybe, if you are familiar with such tool, you could give me some hints or
point me to the proper documentation. Google is not that much help. And the
man page lacks some working recipes.

I tried:
$ mock -r fedora-6-i386-core init
But it just hangs up while the script runs the command

/usr/sbin/mock-helper yum --installroot /var/lib/mock/fedora-6-i386-core/root
install buildsys-build

Any hint?

David.