[Clam-devel] Re: compiling clam

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Fri Mar 16 13:24:01 PDT 2007

(ccing clam-devel)

hi vanessa,
i'll try to check this problems on monday. though i can't promise
anything because we are extremely busy with 1.0 release and
preparing the LAC2007 conference.

in case i don't respond, please insist after some days.

also, you can try adding more CPPPATHs in
CLAM/scons/libs/SConstruct line 75

pau

En/na Vanessa Li ha escrit:
> [...]
>   |char fftw_sizeof_fftw_real();
>   |int
>   |main() {
>   |  fftw_sizeof_fftw_real();
>   |return 0;
>   |}
> gcc -o .sconf_temp/conftest_11.o -c -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall
> -DCLAM_FLOAT -DUSE_PTHREADS=1 -DUSE_XERCES_TRUE -DCLAM_USE_XML
> -I/opt/local/include -I/usr/local/include -I/opt/local/include
> .sconf_temp/conftest_11.c
> scons: Configure: Caught exception while building
> ".sconf_temp/conftest_11":
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/Users/vanessali/lib/scons-0.96.94/SCons/Job.py", line 109, in
> start
>     task.prepare()
>   File "/Users/vanessali/lib/scons-0.96.94/SCons/Taskmaster.py", line
> 148, in prepare
>     t.prepare()
>   File "/Users/vanessali/lib/scons-0.96.94/SCons/Node/FS.py", line 2120,
> in prepare
>     SCons.Node.Node.prepare(self)
>   File "/Users/vanessali/lib/scons-0.96.94/SCons/Node/__init__.py", line
> 800, in prepare
>     raise SCons.Errors.StopError, desc
> SCons.Errors.StopError: Source `/usr/lib/libsfftw.dylib' not found,
> needed by target `.sconf_temp/conftest_11'.
> scons: Configure: no
>

> There are three different macs I am trying to compile on and so far I've
> only been able to successfully compile on the computer at my work. I've
> been comparing library paths and it is odd that the compiled computer
> does not have libsfftw.dylib in the /usr/lib/ directory. Before
> uninstalling all the fftw libraries, `/usr/lib/libsfftw.dylib' existed
> on my laptop (from installing fftw externally - not through macports)
> yet still threw the same error. Has the path been set incorrectly? I
> think it should be looking under /opt/local/lib/ as I have libsfftw.a,
> but actually no libsfftw.dylib (although there I have not found any such
> file on my work computer either).
>
> Again, any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
>
> -Vanessa
>
> On 14-Mar-07, at 6:30 AM, Pau Arumi wrote:
>
>> Hi Vanessa,
>>
>> Please note that for posting to clam mailing lists you need to be
>> subscribed. However, I've 'intercepted' your mail.

>>> Subject: compiling clam
>>> Vanessa Li <vanessa.li at mail.mcgill.ca>
>>> Wed, 14 Mar 2007 01:10:20 -0400
>>> Hi,
>>> I am having trouble with the linking process due to problems with the
>>> fftw library.
>>> This is what I get when doing 'scons configure':
>>> ### CLAM PROCESSING DEPENDENCIES CHECKING   ###
>>> Checking for C header file sfftw.h... yes
>>> Checking for C header file srfftw.h... yes
>>> Checking for fftw_sizeof_fftw_real() in C library sfftw... no
>>> Could not find libsfftw
>>> Please check that fftw is properly installed
>>> _rfftw_destroy_plan