[Clam-devel] ladspa in-controls commit

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Tue Mar 27 10:40:31 PDT 2007

En/na oc2pus at arcor.de ha escrit:
> Am Dienstag, 27. März 2007 schrieb Pau Arumi:
>> in LAC we found that most ladspa plugins where silent or crashing.
>> the problem was ladspa-wrapper while establishing ladspa in-control
>> data pointers.
>> since we badly wanted to hear the TAPS CEO (Chief Executive Oscillator)
>> (which we learnt about it last night on a bar) we started the fix in
>> our flight back to barcelona :-)
>> moreover the commit contains a proof-of-concept test of using default
>> values. it have to be improved (hi andreas :-))
>>
>>   * fix in ladspa wrapper: now in-control pointers are set at
>>     each Do()
>>   * ladspa feature: using default in-control values.
> switch to lv2-plugins ...
>
> look here:
> http://lv2plug.in/
> http://ll-plugins.nongnu.org/
> http://home.gna.org/lv2dynparam/
> http://home.gna.org/zyn/
> http://plugin.org.uk/lv2/
>
> lv2 is the succesor for ladspa (2002 vs 2006/2007!!)
> don't sit on "old" features ... :)

well, lv2 is ok if you don't mind having very few usable plugins
(less than 10 i'd say).
but don't worry clam will be a lv2 host and maybe will support
some extensions (i guess before the summer) but having ladspa
working first is a must.

btw, thanks for the nice links collection. will be useful ;)

pau