[Clam-devel] distributed compiler

Hernán Ordiales h at ordia.com.ar
Fri Mar 30 08:26:30 PDT 2007

i don't know if is of your interest, but i had patched the SConstruct
file to have the option of build with distcc (a distributed compiler)

It doesn't affect normal compile. It's defined on "clam.conf" file in
a very simple way...

for example, if you have at this file:

CXX = 'g++'
DISTCC_HOSTS = ''

(or even without any of those env vars)

you will compile normally as now...

but, if you have something like:

CXX = 'distcc g++'
DISTCC_HOSTS = 'host1 host2 host3 host4'

you'll compiling with distcc instead, with the host's (or ip numbers)
defined on "DISTCC_HOSTS" env var.

And of course, you have to configure and setup well distcc in all host's first

If you want, some time ago i made a short article in my blog[1] about
how to setup and work with distcc (i'm sorry is in spanish, but if you
speak english you can go to the distcc web[2] for the almost the same
or i think you can find easily a good article about it and of course
you can ask me about it if you want too :P)

ah, one more thing, while compiling you also can have a little fun
with distccmon-gnome app, a distcc graphical monitor... :o)

I also recommend install ccache[3] too to improve the whole process

[1] http://h.ordia.com.ar/blog/index.php?entry=entry070206-155912
[2] http://distcc.samba.org/
[3] http://ccache.samba.org/

cheers,