[Clam-devel] Clam compiling OSX questions

Dan Stowell dan.stowell at elec.qmul.ac.uk
Tue Apr 10 02:41:21 PDT 2007

Hi -

I'm currently putting together all the dependencies for building CLAM on
my Mac OSX.

May I ask why qt3 and qt4 are both needed? And does it matter which is
the default (e.g. which "qmake" comes first in my $PATH)?

At the moment I have qt3-mac installed via MacPorts, and qt 4.1.4 (is
that OK? or should it be 4.2.2?) also on my system.

I only really want to build the libs (not the apps), so it'd be nice to
be able to do without a lot of stuff. But at present I'm just following
the instructions on
http://iua-share.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Devel/Mac_OSX_build

Does the scons build provide options for building just the libs?

Thanks for any tips -
Dan