[Clam-devel] Clam compiling OSX questions

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Tue Apr 10 03:55:51 PDT 2007

En/na Dan Stowell ha escrit:
> Hi -
>
> I'm currently putting together all the dependencies for building CLAM on
> my Mac OSX.
>
> May I ask why qt3 and qt4 are both needed? And does it matter which is
> the default (e.g. which "qmake" comes first in my $PATH)?

CLAM 1.0 "libs" and older depend on qt3 not on qt4. Only apps
depend on qt4.
The wiki Mac_OSX_build page explains how to set up the PATH to
compile the libs i believe.

> At the moment I have qt3-mac installed via MacPorts, and qt 4.1.4 (is
> that OK? or should it be 4.2.2?) also on my system.

Not totally sure but i think qt 4.1.4 have problems with
NetworkEditor app. So better intall 4.2 to compile NE

> I only really want to build the libs (not the apps), so it'd be nice to
> be able to do without a lot of stuff. But at present I'm just following
> the instructions on
> http://iua-share.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Devel/Mac_OSX_build
>
> Does the scons build provide options for building just the libs?

Well, yes. Actually the CLAM/scons/libs/Sconstruct only build the
libs, not the apps!  Each app have a separate Sconstruct in
<app>/Sconstruct.

About compiling the libs without qt3: svn version is not
dependent of qt3 anymore. and we also got rid of fltk dependency.
The problem is that there is a small python related issue to be
resolved for macs builds correctly. But I think I'll fix it
today (or give yourself a try!)

Pau

Pau