[Clam-devel] Old documentation in the wiki

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Wed Apr 11 10:18:25 PDT 2007

En/na Xavier Amatriain ha escrit:
> Ok, I don't remember agreeing to this approach. Call me old-fashioned
> but I still like the idea of a coherent manual in addition to more
> example-driven tutorials. I agree though that the one good thing about
> this approach is that it is manageable, and that is a lot ;) So I am sad
> we have to throw away so much text and efforts but it's fine with me (I
> can't offer a better solution as of now).
>
> But my rationale for doing the port to wiki was indeed much simpler: I'd
> rather have the documentation in an editable wiki than in an html that
> is never going to be updated. If we agree that is not the way to go,
> once thing I would do, though, is remove the manual from the
> documentation page on the web and add a more prominent link to the wiki.

Agree that old doc it better on the wiki than html (a first step
to reuse the good things in it), so not a waste of time.

I've already moved the pages to DeprecatedDoc/Name. Is all the
html copied? Let's drop the old html docs then.

The wiki link is quite prominent (in the nav. bar) since two
weeks ago at Albert Graef request.