[Clam-devel] CombFilter and GenderChange

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Sat Apr 14 19:58:47 PDT 2007

sure, my change was
$ svn diff -r 9924 CLAM/src/Processing/Transformations/SMS/SMSPitchShift.cxx
Relevant line is 93

If you remove the 'false', you can easily reproduce the bug on the
NetworkEditor. By synthesizing the output you will get an U shaped output
residual audio that is listened as a high frequency noise on the output. If
you take the residual directly from the analysis, (that's what i am currently
doing with the false)  then you don't get the noise but some pre-shift
harmonics are still present on the output.

Maybe CombFilter is not taking into account some spectrum format flags? Or we
are setting them badly on the incomming data?

Another issue i don't understand is why comb filter is filtering target
frequencies (i*fundamental*amount) instead source frequencies (just
i*fundamental).