[Clam-devel] [OT] Getting jack to work on a laptop

Xavier Amatriain xavier at create.ucsb.edu
Mon Apr 16 01:42:13 PDT 2007

I couldn't work on the NetworkEditor today simply because I could not
get jack to work on my laptop.

I have this laptop (running Ubuntu) working perfect with an external USB
card but when I try
to run jack with the internal Intel HD card... well, there is no way.
Jack starts and it seems perfectly
happy using alsa and selecting the default hw:0 but when I try any
jack-enabled program nothing
happens (not even an error log). For instance in xmms, the
transportation bar does not even move.

I have little time to work on the issue so I'd really appreciate any
pointer to get this up and running.
My initial google efforts were fruitless but this card is so common that
I am sure people have figured
it out before.

Actually, Pau, David, didn't you have a similar issue on your laptop
when preparing the ACM demo?