[Clam-devel] QSynth Knob

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Mon Apr 16 09:35:29 PDT 2007

On Monday 16 April 2007 07:53:27 oc2pus at arcor.de wrote:
> Am Montag, 16. April 2007 schrieb David García Garzón:
> > A part from pk knobs now we can use QSynth knobs. Those knobs are nicer
> > than qt's default and they are not pixmap based so you can resize them
> > unlike pk's.
>
> do you know this widgets:
>
> http://phat.berlios.de/
> PHAT is a collection of GTK+ widgets geared toward pro-audio apps. The goal
> is to eliminate duplication of effort and provide some standardization
> (well, at least for GTK+ apps). It's open source software, licensed under
> the GNU GPL, version 2.0 or later.
>
> and for OSC related stuff:
> http://khagan.berlios.de/
> Khagan is a live user interface builder for controling parameters via OSC.
> It's mainly aimed at the Om modular synthesizer.

Yes, they are very nice. The knob is even nicer than QSynth's.

Is the pad similar to the ControlSurface in CLAM or is it more like a laptop
touchpad?

Anyway they are implemented with Gtk, we have not an audio widget library as
Phat for Qt yet, have we? So I am trying to gather, port to qt4 and enhance
some existing GPL Qt widgets around to, at least, avoid reinventing the
wheel. Widgets are not that coupled to CLAM so maybe we could build such a
library. This is not our primary goal.

David.