[Clam-devel] PATCH: revised ControlTrace{Reader,Writer} classes

Zach Welch zach-clam-devel at splitstring.com
Wed Apr 18 01:42:07 PDT 2007

Zach Welch wrote:
[snip]
> I have attached a new patch that accomplishes almost everything you ask;
> I think the Load is better performed in the Configure step, since errors
> can be detected at that point and reported as a misconfiguration.  Other
> than that, I think it's all there... and then some. I added a "repeats"
> storage optimization that gives run length encoding of the value sets,
> which can help shrink (and annotate) traces whose inputs change
> relatively infrequently (e.g. GUI controls).
[snip]

After writing up the improvements in the ControlTrace components, I
realized there was a need to clean up the new "repeats" code such that
its value reflected the meaning of its name. This minor patch applies on
top of the last patch and fixes this conceptual problem, changing the
internal "steps" logic to "repeats". The resulting code reads much
better; these changes should have been part of the revised patch.

Cheers,

Zach