[Clam-devel] Re: [pksampler-devel] CLAM and PK widgets

Patrick Stinson patrickkidd at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 12:47:18 PDT 2007

Sounds cool. I had a look at the links about creating good transparent
povray widgets. It would take a little getting used to, but the
workflow could be automated and integrated into the python-based
solution that I already started with the pk.povray package, and
respective rendering tools in repos/resources. We are using
alpha-blended widgets with Play, and they are great to work with.

There are some things that need to be cleaned up with the widgets
along the lines of cleaner implementation. I have a few different
implementations for the knob that rely on modifier keys and make it a
little easier to get course and fine adjustments. The pixmap frames
for the pk.widgets.povwidgets should be all in one file instead of
separated out like they are in the implementation that you got from
me. This provides for resource and memory footprint.

Also, the next thing I'd like to do is have a look at using python in
common audio plugin hosts. This will mostly involve project templates,
but that would kill two birds with one stone: using Qt with VST, and
AU, and using PyQt with them as well.

fun stuff, and all in good time...