[Clam-devel] Crosscompiling for windows from ubuntu

Giulio Paci giuliopaci at interfree.it
Sun May 6 15:37:59 PDT 2007

Maarten de Boer ha scritto:
>> ah, important: developers still can use the mingw libs with
>> visual
>>

> Are you sure about that? I believe this only is true for C libraries,
> not C++.

You're right. If You compile libraries with MinGW (using gcc and not MSVC),
than You must compile applications too with gcc. The only exception are
C libraries. This is by design of gcc. (I don't remember if I've read it
in Gcc
or MinGW forum/faq/documentation)

Moreover MinGW uses MSVCRT.lib from MSVC 6.0 and so You need to link
Your application with that library even if You use a newer compiler.
(This comes from http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/)