[Clam-devel] IMPORTANT: more changes to build system

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Thu May 24 03:02:08 PDT 2007

Xavier Amatriain wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 09:14 +0200, Pau Arumi wrote:
>> this issue probably shows up now just because now on every "scons
>> option=value" invocaton, the configure step is automatically
>> called (which, btw, i a *very* convenient change).
>
> Unfortunately I just realized that this harmless change just broke
> compatibility of CLAM with Eclipse (just when I was starting to get the
> hang of it :-( ). Turns out that there is no way to call scons from the
> Eclipse plugin without the platform and configuration options. Therefore
> no matter what you do you are always invoking the configure step and
> nothing else.
>
> Isn't there a way that, while keeping the call to configure if
> necessary, also forces the call to "scons" immediately afterwords?

possible is everything ;)
but... the "call to configure only if necessary" is the hard part
to implement since it involves comparing the given and cached
options.

i'd rather change the eclipse/scons workflow, if possible.
wouldn't it be as simple as editing the options.cache by hand and
then call "scons" without args from the ide?