[Clam-devel] assertion failed / no backtrace

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Thu Jun 14 04:30:09 PDT 2007

En/na Greg Kellum ha escrit:
> Hi all,
>
> I've noticed that pretty much everytime I see an Assertion Failed
> message it is followed by the message "Unable to adquire symbols names
> for the backtrace."  Is there anything that can be done to get backtrace
> information?  Perhaps, compiling the code with another flag to include
> debug information in the build?

It is expected behaviour since we did the backtrace dump to work
only on linux. However try two things --I assume you're using an
intel mac (macbook)

1) execute in gdb
    if CLAM is compiled in debug (release=0) gdb should breakpoint
    there and it should show the backtrace --'bt' command
2) maybe the backtrace dump also work on mac-intels (or even on
    mac-ppcs) we haven't tried. It would be good if you can
    experiment with dropping the #if defined(__linux__). Disclaimer:
    it could crash your machine. If it works we should relax the
    platform condition.

CLAM/src/Defines.cxx:

void DumpBacktrace(std::ostream & os)
{