[Clam-devel] Last commits: two API changes

Hernán Ordiales h at ordia.com.ar
Mon Jun 18 00:40:06 PDT 2007

On 6/15/07, Pau Arumi <parumi at iua.upf.edu> wrote:

> Today morning's commits by David and me (pair programming session)
>
>   * Transversal refactoring: drop GetExecState() in Processing
>     (Step 1 of 2)
>   ** Change uses of GetExecState() for IsConfigured() and
>      IsRunning(). Not finished yet.
>
>   * Transversal refactoring: changed
>     Mono|MultiChannerAudioFileReader classes
>   ** Added direct access to Header and TextDescriptors, hidding
>      the AudioFile (now is implementation detail)
>   ** Updated all (many!) uses
>
>   * Added methods in Processing base class: IsConfigured() and
>     IsRunning()
>   ** Next step is to make GetExecState() private and update uses
>
> Last revision 10238

last days, i had problems with this update, for example i've done:
svn up

then NetworkEditor did not compile

errors like:
scons: Building targets ...
== Compiling src/monitors/Vumeter.cxx
src/monitors/Oscilloscope.hxx: In member function 'virtual bool
OscilloscopeMonitor::isEnabled() const':
src/monitors/Oscilloscope.hxx:47: error: 'IsRunning' no se declaró en
este ámbito
src/monitors/Vumeter.cxx: In member function 'virtual void
Vumeter::paintEvent(QPaintEvent*)':
src/monitors/Vumeter.cxx:28: aviso: convirtiendo a 'unsigned int' desde 'double'
scons: *** [src/monitors/Vumeter.o] Error 1

then a lot of headaches, tried to solve the problem, etc (clean all by
hand, with 'scons -c' and rebuild for example)
then i ran the svn update from an older version of CLAM in another
computer and worked (was compiling)

i was confused, so i made a patch of my changes, backuped the code and
tried to remove NE and download a clean version again: still the same
problem
only when i removed CLAM dir and downloaded all the code again from
scratch it worked

was weird from me but i thought that maybe i was broken something with
my code, but...
i applied my patch with my changes and all worked smooth again...

so, wasn't my changes....

i don't know what could have happened, any clues?

i think this is the commit with the 'problematic' (at least for me) changes:

r10240 | dgarcia | 2007-06-15 13:48:00 -0300 (vie, 15 jun 2007) | 2 lines
Rutas cambiadas:
   M /trunk/NetworkEditor/src/monitors/ChordRanking.hxx
   M /trunk/NetworkEditor/src/monitors/KeySpaceMonitor.hxx
   M /trunk/NetworkEditor/src/monitors/LPModelView.hxx
   M /trunk/NetworkEditor/src/monitors/MelCepstrumView.hxx
   M /trunk/NetworkEditor/src/monitors/MelSpectrumView.hxx
   M /trunk/NetworkEditor/src/monitors/Oscilloscope.hxx
   M /trunk/NetworkEditor/src/monitors/PeakView.hxx
   M /trunk/NetworkEditor/src/monitors/PolarChromaPeaks.hxx
   M /trunk/NetworkEditor/src/monitors/SpectrumView.hxx
   M /trunk/NetworkEditor/src/monitors/Tonnetz.hxx
   M /trunk/NetworkEditor/src/monitors/Tunner.hxx
   M /trunk/NetworkEditor/src/monitors/VectorView.hxx

 * NetworkEditor monitors: Using IsRunning instead GetExecSta

cheers,
--
Hernán
http://h.ordia.com.ar