[Clam-devel] patch showing outportpublisher problem

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Thu Jun 21 10:13:24 PDT 2007

En/na Greg Kellum ha escrit:
> Hi Pau,
>
> I've attached a patch with the files you'll need to see the dynamic
> casting problem I was having when using the OutPortPublisher.  After you
> unpack it, recompile CLAM and then the examples and run the example file
> TestAudioDatabaseReader.

Hi Greg,

I've checked it and found the problem. In short: a publisher cannot
publish another publisher --but it should and it will.

However, your patch is not synched with SVN. I commited the
AudioDatabaseReader in NetworkEditor/ebowSynthesizer, remember?
(I think that it's a better place for evolving processings, we'll
move it to CLAM later)
What I've done now is to add the TestAudioDatabaseReader in
NE/ebowSynthesizer/ and add it to NE/SConstruct.

But the AudioDatabaseReader.*xx are not upgraded. Please do it
yourself and send the patch --and then remember removing the files
now in CLAM/.

Returning to the problem at hand (publishing pubilshers). I'll try
to fix it tomorrow but since this is core stuff it needs unit-tests
so could take longer. As a work-around, try just Registering the
inner ports like you did before --this will cause segfault at
application exit (since two processings will remove the same port),
but no big problem.

Your patch contained this in example/SConstruct
+    "SDIFToWav",
+    "WavToSDIF",
Are these local examples? Or maybe the Giacomo/Giuli's examples?
They seems useful examples to commit anyway.

TestAudioDatabaseReader.cxx and NE/SConstruct have been committed
in revision 10281.

Cheers
pau