[Clam-devel] Re: testfarm notifications (e-mail?)

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Tue Jul 10 04:50:59 PDT 2007

hi hernan (i'm copying to clam-devel. the subject can interest
other clam devs)

En/na Hernán Ordiales ha escrit:
> question: has tesfarm email notifications or any other notification
> method when it's in red? or you have to check it manually
> periodically?

testfarm lacks notification features which is a pitty. you have to
check the web every now and then.

a month ago or so i did an spike to add irc notifications but i got
stuck trying to understand the example code i found and the irc
protocol. sending mails is simpler, i know.
however there is some work to be done in testfarm server which now
is state-less. basically the server should know when it goes from a
green state to a red state (where green state means all clients are
green and red state means any client is red).
then it should also handle revisions (and CVS dates) but this is a
bit more work.

feel free to checkout and hack. i'll keep up with you.
http://www.iua.upf.es/~parumi/testfarm/

> if not, i had the idea to add e-mails ones, its very easy in python if
> you have postfix (or another mail server) installed where testfarm
> runs.
>
> i'm also sending to you a little program i've made a little time ago
> to send free SMS here in my country (i need to send short mails from a
> non-wide know server domain to not be blocked by the companies)
>
> here an example:
>
> from email.MIMEText import MIMEText
> from email.Header import Header

>         m_msg = MIMEText( m_body.encode(m_codification), 'html',
> m_codification )
>         m_msg.add_header( 'Content-Disposition', 'inline' )
>         m_msg['From'] = m_from
>         m_msg['To'] = m_to
>         m_msg['Subject'] = Header( m_subject, m_codification )
>         m_msg['Reply-To']= m_from
>         m_msg.add_header( 'Content-Transfer-Encoding', 'quoted-printable' )
>
>         server = smtplib.SMTP( 'localhost' )
>         server.sendmail( m_msg['From'], m_msg['To'], m_msg.as_string() )
>         server.quit()

do you know what would also be nice (daydreamming)? to have a
desktop applet with the testfarm state (and a list of last commits)

pau