[Clam-devel] Re: testfarm notifications (e-mail?)

Hernán Ordiales h at ordia.com.ar
Tue Jul 10 21:26:18 PDT 2007

On 7/10/07, bennett kolasinski <bennett.kolasinski at gmail.com> wrote:
> > do you know what would also be nice (daydreamming)? to have a
> > desktop applet with the testfarm state (and a list of last commits)
> >
> or maybe a google gadget or an OS X dashboard widget? :)

;-)

believe or not, after you set the CIA notifications and account i had
started a little python project to have a little widget that fetch
last commits by rss plus trayicon feature with notifications (i've it
working now, if you see it useful i can send it to the list and of
course share it freely)
This year i knew the goodness of python and I'm becoming a fan of it.
I was also playing with xml-rpc and maybe it's another option for
status notifications. Set-up a little xml-rpc server should be easy
and i already know how to make a client :-)

On client side, I think we can join the RSS fetching (for commits) +
xml-rpc for status notifications? to make a simple python app. Then (i
think) we can easy port it (at least) to SuperKaramba[1] or
gDesklets[2] which are also python based (sorry bennet i don't know
about OS X widgets options... :-) )

And add email notifications and xml-rpc server? to server side...

I'd like to help testfarm project with that, but i think it's better after gsoc

I thought in mails because it seemed to me very direct and easy but i
believed already has 'status led' workflow. What about FSM? A time ago
i bookmarked these:
http://www.python.org/search/hypermail/python-recent/0667.html
http://www.jandecaluwe.com/Tools/MyHDL/manual/model-fsm.html

[1] http://netdragon.sourceforge.net/ssuperkaramba.html