[Clam-devel] Re: [LAU] Clam & Ardour 2.0.3 packages for Musix (Debian/Stable)

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Wed Jul 18 03:49:07 PDT 2007

On Monday 16 July 2007 17:07:31 Marcos Guglielmetti wrote:
> Re: [LAU] Clam & Ardour 2.0.3 packages for Musix (Debian/Stable)
> De:
> Marcos Guglielmetti <marcos at musix.org.ar>  (www.musix.org.ar)
>   Para:
> David García Garzón <dgarcia at iua.upf.edu>
>

> El Lunes, 16 de Julio de 2007 14:19, David García Garzón escribió:
>  | Thanks for the packages :-)
>
> Well, say thanks to Carlos Pino <pinojazz at gmail.com> ;)
>
> And thank you for CLAM, I did not used it yet, but I hope so. (eh, somos
> todos hispanohablantes y estamos escribiendo en inglés!)
>
>  | Any nice Musix icon so we can add the link
>  | here? http://clam.iua.upf.edu/download-linux.html
>
> Yes, attached.
>
> And: CLAM is for now only into our repositories, but it will be into a
> future Live-DVD edition (not into the Live-CD, I think). Musix 1.0 deriva
> de Debian/Stable, así que CLAM para Musix debería correr en Debian/Stable.
>
> deb ftp://musix.ourproject.org/pub/musix/deb/ ./
>
> Also, Carlos could not build this:
> > Falta voice2Midi , al compilarlo lanza un error que no sé por donde
> > cojerlo ( sí cojerlo,no se rían los de allá ) ,es este:
> >

> > fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage
> > dpkg-buildpackage: source package is clam-voice2midi
> > dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 0.3.3-1
> > dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Pau Arum�� <parumi at iua.upf.es>
> > dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture i386
> > dpkg-buildpackage: source version without epoch 0.3.3-1
> > debian/rules clean
> > dh_testdir
> > dh_testroot
> > rm -f build-stamp configure-stamp
> > # Add here commands to clean up after the build process.
> > cd scons && scons -c
> > /bin/sh: line 0: cd: scons: No existe el fichero o el directorio
> > make: *** [clean] Error 1
> >

> > Si pueden dar alguna idea ...
>
> Saludos

(We share language but most people on the LAU and CLAM-devel list don't share
it so let me answer you in english).

We are not currently distributing debian packages for Voice2Midi. No special
reason, just the lack of time to update it, so we would be glad to have it
packaged again. To my knowledge there are, at least, some changes that will
be needed:
* The error you get is because we moved the SConstruct file from the 'scons'
subdirectory to the root of each package so there is no need to enter
the 'scons' directory were it was before.
* Some scons configure options must be updated too. (prefixes)
* Since Zach Welch ported it qt3 -> qt4 also the dependencies must be updated.

You can take a look at the rules we use for NetworkEditor or Annotator they
should look very similar now.

Feel free to drop a line on the clam mailing list if you get more problems or
if you want to send us a patch with your succeeding packaging.

David.