[Clam-devel] SMSSynthesis

Xavier Amatriain xavier at create.ucsb.edu
Thu Aug 2 08:51:42 PDT 2007

Greg,

The SMSSynthesis class performs 3 IFFTs (not 2) simply because it aims
at outputing also 3 different audios (one for the residual,
one for the sinusoidal, and one for the addition of both). If you are
only interested in synthesizing the sum you should probably
add a Do overload (another one!!! aaarghh!) and for the networked
version (Do without params) do a consistency check to make
sure whether the three output ports are connected or not.

But, again, it does not deal with different IFFT sizes. By the time the
Spectrums are synthesized they should be the same size
(because they have to be added for the complete synthesis among other
things).

Xavier