[Clam-devel] Re: asking for advice about a callgrind session (sms harmonizer)

Xavier Amatriain xavier at create.ucsb.edu
Fri Aug 3 23:54:47 PDT 2007

Hernán Ordiales wrote:
> hi! I'm testing both with elvis demo voice at SMSTools and with mic input voice
>
> There are audible demos here: http://audiores.uint8.com.ar/blog/?p=124

Sorry, I had not seen the demos in the post.

Ok, this is for me a known problem meaning that I have experienced this
exact problem before. Unfortunately
this is all I remember now and I will have to dig in my memory. This is
definitely not related with performance
issues, it is a bug somewhere in the process. Again, it reminds me of
something I thought I fixed long time ago
but will have to check the logs (maybe something related with outputting
non-valid fundamental frequency
values would create a similar artifact...). Do you have the same result
when you do a Harmonizer, or a PitchShift
in SMSTools.
> Analysis and Synthesis configurations are default ones...
>
> I've also tried with CLAM_OPTIMIZATION=1 but sound quaility turns very poor...

That is very strange, I am using this flag on a daily basis with no
problems... on OSX though. We should put this
on the list of todos. Even if sound quality is very poor... how about
performance. Does the performance gain
seem to be good enough that this might deserve some investigation?

Xavier