[Clam-devel] [Fwd: about CLAM audio]

Roman Goj roman.goj at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 14:25:50 PDT 2007

Pau Arumi wrote:
> En/na globot ha escrit:
(...)
>> for the moment I don't have time to code the seeking and current time
>> reading, but if nobody do it in a few weeks i will be obliged to do it
>> :) (in fact no because it is not a key feature for my project, but i
>> want it).
>> I don't know exactly when i will do it, i'll keep you informed. You
>> can add this task to the TODO list (or feature Requests).
>
> the feature request has been added to the tracker.
> whoever needs the feature first, roman, david, you... start
> implementing it giving a notice to the list.

Time reading seems to be implemented (I hope correctly, works here
without any problems...) took four lines of code (just shows the
neatness of clam, I guess! :) ) (Sorry I didn't give the notice here
first... I wanted to make sure I can do this... and it turned out it was
just too simple, not that I'm complaining it was ;) )

So - now you can (using svn code from today) display the time using a
ContolPrinter (in NetEdit under, simply Controls :) ) attached to the
new control output in the AudioFileReaders.

Probably a TODO/feature request/dream:
A special ControlTimePrinter that could display the time in different
formats hh:mm:ss, mm:ss, mm:ss::msmsms ... :-)

Also! Please note that now the time is only displayed each time audio is
sent to the sink, so the time resolution is only as good as the audio
"hop" in the AudioFileReader (or am I completely wrong here? :-) ). This
does not mean *anything* as it's still not noticeable to the human (mine
at least) eye :-)

I will try to do the seeking within the file tomorrow morning, if it's
comparably simple, I'll do it, if not then maybe I'll have to focus on
my GSoC tasks :-/ ("time out" was a GSoC task, "time in" isn't ;) i'd
like to see it in CLAM for a number of reasons though... so if not now,
then for sure first thing September :) )

hmm... four lines of code and six paragraphs of explanations... I've got
to "refactor" my e-mail writing skills, oh definitely... where's the
stupid roman/src/computer-skills/EMailWriting.cxx ... ;)

cheers!
roman