[Clam-devel] building 3 bands equalizer

globot gglobot at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 06:41:52 PDT 2007

hi,

here is what i wanted to do :
 a simple equalizer with 3 section :
    - from 0 to lowFreq, apply lowGain
    - upper than highFreq, apply highGain
    - between lowFreq and highFreq apply a progressive gain

with lowFreq, highFreq user defined frequencies.
with lowGain, highGain user defined gain in db (from 0 to -100)

I was thinking that the threeBandFilter might have been usefull, for
this task. But each time i use it i have some very strange glitch (look
like some noise is generated when highGain, midGain or lowGain are
different from 0)

i did my test with a generated perfect sinusoidal signal from 20 to
20000Hz (with a constant amplitude) using CLAM 1.1.0 (not svn)

I probably miss used it, but can't figure out how to do. so can i have
some explaination about :
-threeBandFilter
-threeBandAM
-vocoder
-threebandcompressor

i want to know what exactly do those class, and what are the parameter
(range of value, signification ...) because i am not realy an expert in
sound processing and now i got a little confuse.

how can i make an equalizer ? with the vocoder ? (it look like it
generate the same kind of noise as the 3 band filter)

thanks

ps: it would be cool to add details in the doc too.