[Clam-devel] Compiling Network Editor in MacOSX

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Mon Sep 10 07:34:53 PDT 2007

On Monday 10 September 2007 16:01:15 Francisco Tufró wrote:
> Hello, my name is Francisco Tufró, from Argentina.
> I'm interested in music production and audio, so i decided (with
> Hernán Ordiales' recomendation) to learn about clam and start
> developing with it.
>
> When installing clam on MacOSX, i followed the instructions at the
> wiki and had no problem.
> Late when i tryed to install Network Editor the scons process throw this
> error:
>
> moc -I/Library/Qt/include -o
> src/clamWidgetsPlugin/generated/moc_KeySpacePlugin.cxx
> src/clamWidgetsPlugin/KeySpacePlugin.hxx
> src/clamWidgetsPlugin/KeySpacePlugin.hxx:33: Error: Undefined interface
> scons: *** [src/clamWidgetsPlugin/generated/moc_KeySpacePlugin.cxx] Error 1
> scons: building terminated because of errors.

> I know the problem was related to qt, so i tried to find de default
> QTDIR with no success, tryed every single directory in the disk that
> contained something about qt.
> Is this a common issue with CLAM and MacOSX with QT's default
> installation?.

This error happens whenever the qt include path is not added to the moc
command or the QTDIR var is not properly defined.

> To solve the problem i downloaded the qt sources and compiled it with
> -no-framework and the same prefix as clam (inside my home directory),
> then recompiled NetworkEditor with the righ QTDIR and everything was
> ok.
>
> If the problem is that i miss the location of the default QTDIR (the
> one from the dmg compiled as framework), it would be usefull to put it
> somewhere in the wiki, i couldn't find it, neither clam's wiki nor
> google, so i decided to compile qt myself as to be sure of a working
> location.
>
> Hope this could help.
>
> :)

The recommended procedure is to install the mac native version of Qt compiled
as framework which is the one the qt4.py scons tool supports in mac. Andreas
did an spike on using macports but we decided to abandon it by now. If you do
so, qt will be installed into /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-X.X.X being X.X.X the
version. If you set the QTDIR environment var to that path all should work
perfectly.

David.