[Clam-devel] Re: [CLAM] building on windows.

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Mon Oct 1 05:36:47 PDT 2007

On Saturday 29 September 2007 19:16:44 Ali-Akber Saifee wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> So I did finally manage to get something compiled and running. Here's the
> steps I followed (a bit of a huge hack/work around):
> 1. Installed Eclipse CDT
> 2. Installed MingW
> 3. got the clam-devel-mingw-1.1.1~svn10446.zip package.

So you found the package on your own ;-)

> 4. Linked against the libraries / includes in the package above
> 5. Replaced the clam dlls above with the ones from the package
> CLAM-NetworkEditor-1.1.1~svn10828_setup.exe

Nice hack. It might not work if there are some API change.

> After having done this - the processings worked at the code level & through
> the network editor.... Ofcourse, this isn't an optimal method of getting
> things running, but its a start. Next step would be to be able to get a
> minimal mingw build up using scons....

In the future such a precompiled zip will be released with regular source
package releases.

> Anyways, the main aim of integrating CLAM with the project that I'm working
> on - is to  get some reasonable feature extraction in place. Things like
> chord structure, key, beat/tempo structure etc. So as you can tell - its
> more of a data extraction job than a processing one. I looked at all the
> tutorials / examples - and was having some trouble finding a way to do this
> with minimal re-work..... to me, it looks like the Annotator does a lot of
> the things that i'd like to be doing - but I can't figure out how to do
> this programmatically. Ok...I guess thats enough questions for now.

Depending on which kind of feature you want to extract we could drive your way
on the proper direction. It seems that you just need high level features. The
only ones that we provide are chords, and just building blocks for the rest.

David.