[Clam-devel] Network finish reading bug

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Fri Oct 19 02:55:26 PDT 2007

En/na globot ha escrit:
> Hi (again)
>
> i have something strange on network players...
> i call a network with the Start() function, evrything is fine, but
> when the file end i got a 100% cpu usage and i can't Stop() the
> network. The result is that my prog freez waiting for the end of the
> Network

Hi again,

I've just tried to reproduce this bug (high cpu after EOF) but I couldn't.
I connected a MultiChannelFileReader to an AudioSink using jack backend.
I tried with a wav and a mp3 files, both mono.
Any idea on how to reproduce it?

On the other side I found this (using the same scenario: MCFileReader ->
Sink)
1. Audio artifacts when jack period size was > 512 -- this is related
with the ladspa hardcoded (512) latency.
2. MCFileReader repeats the last frame instead of silence. Tested only
with mp3. CPU level seemed ok.

I'll start working on 1 (and ladspa latency) as soon as I'm able.

Pau