[Clam-devel] Hello Clam

abe kazemzad at usc.edu
Thu Apr 12 10:05:03 PDT 2007

Hello Clam Developers,

Yesterday I found out that I was one of the accepted applicants for
Google Summer of Code.  I let it sink it a bit and decided to email the
list to introduce myself since most likely I'll be using this list a lot
in the coming months.  My name is Abe Kazemzadeh and I'm at the
University of Southern California SAIL lab studying computer science
with an emphasis in natural language and speech processing.  In my
application, I mentioned that I was interested in the vowel synthesizer
and adding speech processing-related functionality to Clam.

Sorry, no technical questions today, but if anyone has advice about
things I can do to get started, that would be nice.  I played around
with an earlier version of clam (c. December) and started learning Qt.
I'll be kind of busy with school until May, but I will definitely play
around with the latest version and follow any suggestions about what I
can do to get up to speed.

I'm happy to have this opportunity to work with you all and thanks for
your consideration of my application!

Abe