[Clam-devel] CombFilter and GenderChange

Xavier Amatriain xavier at create.ucsb.edu
Sun Apr 15 11:20:27 PDT 2007

I wasn't asking for the file you changed to make it work :) My question
was whether you had any hints on what made it NOT work. Did the Pitch
Shift stop working due to your latest work on the Gender Change or is it
something that has been down for much longer. In any case, don't worry
too much, I have a working copy and I will be able to figure it out as
soon as I have some time.

> Another issue i don't understand is why comb filter is filtering target
> frequencies (i*fundamental*amount) instead source frequencies (just
> i*fundamental).

I guess my explanation the other day was not quite accurate. The
feedforward delay resonates frequencies that are integer multiples of
the target pitch and filters out the rest (with local minimums at odd
multiples of target/2). So, it's not that you are exactly filtering out
the original but rather resonating the target in the residual.