[Clam-devel] Re: QSynth Knobs

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Tue Apr 17 11:36:42 PDT 2007

On Tuesday 17 April 2007 18:15:09 Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> On Tue, April 17, 2007 15:00, David García Garzón wrote:
> > Btw, I didn't understand which are the benefits of the current default
> > implementation of the mouse interaction versus the QDial one. Could (any
> > of) you explain it to me?
>
> One of the most annoying and rather dangerous was the fact that QDial
> changed its value at the very first mouse click/press. If you take that on
> live you'll see its not quite a desirable feature ;)
>
> Cheers.

Ok, i understand. It is a very insightful reason to reimplement mouse
interaction and i like it.

But I also expected that once i do the first click the knob spins at the same
rate i spin the mouse around the center of the widget. But it spins at a
fixed step when you move the mouse whatever you move it faster or slower, it
just takes the angular direction of your move but not the angular increment.
Is it that also a feature or it is a fixable thing?

David.