[Clam-devel] compiling the examples

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Mon Apr 30 15:33:01 PDT 2007

On Dilluns 30 Abril 2007, Greg Kellum wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been trying to compile the CLAM examples directory with the scons
> command, but unfortunately, scons seems to be having troubles finding my QT
> libraries.  Could someone tell me what flags I would have to give scons in
> order for it to find QT in the directory: /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.2.2/?
> I invoked scons previously with the command: scons clam_prefix=/usr/local
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

svn or 1.0? Which application are you compiling? With 1.0 libs, SMSTools and
Voice2Midi need Qt3 while Annotator and NetworkEditor need Qt4. For
non-debian-based distros you should move QTDIR accordantly. In svn, libs are
qt independent (by the moment), SMSTools still needs Qt3 and the rest of apps
are Qt4.

You should point your QTDIR to a location where all qt related folders (or the
appropiate links to them) are found: include libs bin... Check the wiki for
installation notes for your choice distro. /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.2.2/
doesn't seem a official distribution place. If you compiled it from sources,
i advice you to uninstall it and try the official packages for your distro,
it is the easier way.