[Clam-devel] What's blacklisted?

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Fri May 4 01:55:01 PDT 2007

On Divendres 04 Maig 2007, Xavier Amatriain wrote:
> I have been having a lot of issues with a file that for some odd reason
> was not being processed by SCons. This was a file name Data2Audio.hxx
> (and .cxx). I went over several names until I discovered that the
> "Audio" part of the name is what is making it be disregarded (although
> curiously enough I have an "AudioStreamer.hxx" in the same folder that
> does work!).
>
> So finally I changed the name completely to DataStreamConverter but I am
> still unsure why the file was not being processed. I would say that any
> name that is something like *Audio.* seems to be blacklisted but I don't
> see that in the SConscript. What I see is:
>
> r'Audio\..+' ,

This regular expression would match your former name. Using such generic
blacklist lines is very dangerous and here we see the consequences. The only
files that seems to match that expression are:
	src/Data/BasicProcessing/Audio.cxx
	src/Data/BasicProcessing/Audio.hxx
So the problem could be solved by doing the expression more specific. I tried
adding the path but the libs scons uses just the filename not the path as the
applications blacklists. Thus, the following line seems to work:
	r'^Audio\..xx',
(the 'r' is just to avoid string escaping so just grep scaping is considered')

Commit 10067.