[Clam-devel] Demo today report

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Tue Jun 5 06:53:10 PDT 2007

En/na Xavier Amatriain ha escrit:

> 2) When I added the new processing in the NetworkEditor I could not
> connect the ports! This
> is new to me, I have done this many times before and never experienced
> that behavior. Maybe
> it was a silly coding mistake but everything was pretty straightforward
> (Audio ports). I will look
> into the code on Monday but maybe somebody has some idea what might have
> gone wrong.

did you find the reason? send a patch if not. i'm curious about it.

> Many people in the audience had tried to approach CLAM before and found
> that what I did
> looked much easier than what they encountered on the web: the amount of
> documentation scares
> people away! One of my students even said that he thought that a 40+
> hour tutorial was needed
> to use CLAM (the infamous old tutorial that is still pretty visible on
> the web).

ok, see the web now
http://clam.iua.upf.edu/doc.html

the 40+ tutorial have been moved down. and in general the page is
much clearer now.
and david started a "approaching clam" or doc roadmap as you
suggested. also linked from the web.

pau