[Clam-devel] connecting ports

Greg Kellum greg.kellum at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 05:49:58 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm still having some problems getting a relatively simple composite
processing that I've written working.  I took a look at the class that Pau
mentioned (
http://iua-share.upf.edu/svn/clam/trunk/CLAM/test/FunctionalTests/ProcessingTests/TestStreamingSMSAnalysisSynthesis.cxx),
but neither of the test functions in this class worked on my OS-X Mac either
although they failed with a different exception than my own processing.
They threw some strange synchronization error which looked like this:

2007-06-08 14:21:35.535 TestAnalysisSynthesisInNetwork[11691]: DebugAssert:
Third Party Client: result == 0  Could not lock on a synchronization
mutex.[../Aggregates/POSIXThreadAssistant/APW_PTA_Synchronizable.cpp:65]
2007-06-08 14:21:35.579 TestAnalysisSynthesisInNetwork[11691]: DebugAssert:
Third Party Client: result == 0  Could not unlock on a synchronization
mutex, should never
happen![../Aggregates/POSIXThreadAssistant/APW_PTA_Synchronizable.cpp:85]

Incidentally, I also had a similiar error when I tried to run the unit
tests.

Um...  So, this raises a couple of questions.  First, why can't I get the
test cases running correctly even though they seem to be running correctly
on the test farm OS-X PPC computer?  My guess at the moment is that I'm
using a non-reentrant version of a library when I should be using a
reentrant version, but I have no idea what library that might be...  Does
anyone have a better idea of what might be causing this synchronization
error?  Second, why is this composite processing failing with this strange
bus error?  I've attached a patch containing the composite processing as
well as an example file.  (I would have written a test case but well...)
I'd appreciate it if someone could take a look at it and try running it.  It
should unpack to examples/SpectralSynthesizer/FileLooperApplication1.cxx
(You'll have to change two macros at the top of the example file for audio
input and output files before compiling it though.)  Maybe, on a different
OS it will give a more helpful error message than simply "bus error"...

Um...  I had some other miscellaneous questions too...  But I guess I'll
save those for later...  One shouldn't ask too many questions at once...  If
you do that, NONE of them get answered...

Best,
Greg