sinusoidal synthesis (was Re: [Clam-devel] using eclipse

Greg Kellum greg.kellum at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 08:07:48 PDT 2007

Hi Pau,

Feeding all the ports to the SMSSynthesis does seem to be mandatory.  I
tried it myself using the streaming SDIF example, but CanConsumeAndProduce
always returned false.  (I think.)  So, it didn't produce any audio.  Then,
I tried it with the last release version of the NetworkEditor, and it
sounded awful although it did produce audio.  Then, I tried it with the
current developer version of the NetworkEditor, and it only produced an
annoying beeping noise and printed the message "Warning: 1 sinks were not
fed, so could not send audio to the callback." to the command line about one
million times.

So, it looks like if I want to do just a sinusoidal resynthesis, I'll have
to make a new class that is similiar to SMSSynthesis.

Best,
Greg