[Clam-devel] CLAM_OPTIMIZE bug fixed

Hernán Ordiales h at ordia.com.ar
Wed Sep 5 17:20:03 PDT 2007

On 9/5/07, Xavier Amatriain <xavier at amatriain.net> wrote:
> Pau Arumi wrote:
> > Was this enabled by default, so it could be a cause for the
> > pitch-shift malfunctioning?
> No. CLAM_OPTIMIZE is not enabled by default. But I did hear from Hernan
> at one
> point that he tried to activate it and it was very noisy, this might be
> the cause for that but
> not for the PitchShift bug.

yes, but i talked about to 'optimize_and_lose_precision' flag (i was
trying to reduce the cpu load, but then i discovered that the bug was
not related with that)

optimize_and_lose_precision: Use tabulated trigonometric functions and
the like (yes|no)
    default: no
    actual: 0

anyway i tested again the default version and the bug is still there

> > After some testing I reverted a change on FundFreqDetectConfig that
>> created artifacts when setting
>> the CLAM_OPTIMIZE flag. All other optimizations sound good to me but I
>> am testing offline (non-Network mode)
>> so further testing may be needed.

nice, i will check how sounds now
--