[Clam-devel] Error compiling last svn revision

Francisco Tufró nictuku at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 00:38:44 PST 2007

On 12/4/07, Hernán Ordiales <h at ordia.com.ar> wrote:

> On 12/4/07, Pau Arumí <parumi at iua.upf.edu> wrote:
> >
> > On dt, 2007-12-04 at 12:20 -0300, Francisco Tufró wrote:
> > > Hello, i'm having issues compilling the last svn revision of the
> > > network editor.
> > > NE itself compiles ok, but after compilling and linking prototyper it
> > > throws this error:
> > >
> > > scons: `Prototyper' is up to date.
> > > == Compiling src/OfflinePlayerMain.cxx
> > > src/OfflinePlayerMain.cxx: In function 'int main(int, char**)':
> > > src/OfflinePlayerMain.cxx:32: error: 'class
> > > CLAM::FreewheelingNetworkPlayer' has no member named
> > > 'SourcesAndSinksToString'
> > > scons: *** [src/OfflinePlayerMain.o] Error 1
> > > scons: building terminated because of errors.
> > >
> > > i'm using macosx on an intel-based imac.
> > > any workaround??
> > > thanks!
> >
> > Check that you have updated and installed last version of CLAM.
> > SourcesAndSinksToString() is defined in NetworkPlayer base class.

Paul, the reason behind recompiling CLAM is that i made a checkout
yesterday, so it shuld be the last version.

> > Good to see that there is people compiling clam in intel-mac (since we
> > don't have a mac testfarm client now)

Feel free to ask me for anything to try on mac, if i have the time to test
it i'll do.

mmm, maybe if you're updating and already compiled version you're
> experiencing a known bug of the build system...
>
> you can try cleaning all first (scons -c) and starting again from
> scratch or executing this script: 'CLAM/scripts/ld_bug_script.pl'
> (most of the times this suffice for me)
>
> cheers,

Thanks Hernan, i'll try that and give some feedback.