[Clam-devel] CLAM on Windows

Giulio Paci giuliopaci at interfree.it
Fri Dec 7 09:06:56 PST 2007

Pau Arumí wrote:
> Hi Giulio,
>
> Yes, we are *very* interested in this work. That is great news!
> My advice is to document it in reproducible steps in the wiki (actually
> the page is already there, almost blank)

Ok, I've just created an account and start editing. It will require some
time
to write all down, since I want to perform all the actions once again,
to be sure
that I will write something really useful.
> And then David or me will integrate it into the repo (though can't say
> if will be sooner or later. I'm extremely busy finishing a clam-relatd
> project till the end of December). Note that mingw cross-compiled isn't
> well integrated yet (now requires applying a patch) so some scons
> scripts refactoring is in the todo list.

Ok, this is a good information, 'cause I was worried about breaking
something
that works out of the box. Maybe this work will simplify scons recoding
instead.

To simplify our job I think it's better if I send a series of patch,
instead of a great
patch.
I've attached my first patch.
It adds a pkgconfig_requires option to the environment. (This is used
later for pkg-config requires field)
It changes some PathOption to String options. This is a workaround for
Windows: we want to use
path like /mingw instead of F:\Documents and
Settings\Desktop\SomeUser\msysinstallation for
mingw, but scons is not able to detect path like /mingw with PathOption.
It adds the spawn replacement from Python W32 extension, in order to
remove command line length limit.

I think You can safely commit this patch. The only problem that I think
it may arise is if
sys.platform == win32 trigger crosscompilation too.

I hope You will find some time to check this patch and commit soon.
Other patch will follow after a feedback on this patch.
Next week I'll be busy too, but I hope I will find some time to work on
this anyway.

Cheers,
    Giulio.